DATA AND SERVICES
The Data Acquisition System acquires in near real-time the row observation data coming from Mt. Curcio station and shows them as data series in the dedicated web page, the Data Dashboard, reachable here.
This page was designed to give a comprehensive view of all measurements observed at Mt. Curcio station. For each recorded parameter the last row data trend is shown here.
The GMOS Data Quality Management (G-DQM) system was developed to quality check atmospheric mercury observations recorded by Tekran instrument. Row dataset of mercury are validated in near real-time and in compliance with the Standard Operational Procedures, specifically defined within the EU GMOS project.
The Mt. Curio station is part of the GAW regional network and therefore it focuses on surface observations of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), water vapor (H2O) and ozone (O3). The Climatic-Environmental Observatory also measures several other trace gases and aerosol parameters whose records are available with high temporal monitoring frequency.
The Mt Curcio Observatory is part of I-AMICA infrastructure
- Renewables accounted for vast majority of new EU power capacity in 2016 December 17, 2017Transition to renewable energy continues in the European Union (EU) but has lost some pace in the past two years. According to new European Environment Agency (EEA) estimates, renewables accounted for 86 % of the EU’s new capacity for electricity generation installed in 2016. Overall, EU Member States also continue to cut more capacity from […]Antti Pekka Kaartinen
- EU fluorinated gases phase-down remains on track December 7, 2017European Union efforts to phase-down the production and import of fluorinated greenhouse-gases (F-gases) made good progress in 2016, according to the latest annual update published by the European Environment Agency (EEA) today.Cornelis Brand
- Tracking the environmental performance of industry in Europe: new interactive country profiles December 6, 2017Industry across Europe is responsible for more than half of all carbon dioxide, particulate matter and other key pollutants emitted into the air, according to updated industrial pollution country profiles published today by the European Environment Agency (EEA).Cornelis Brand
- TERM 2017: mixed progress for Europe’s transport sector in meeting environment, climate goals December 5, 2017Europe’s transport sector is making only mixed progress in meeting its environment, health and climate policy targets, according to a European Environment Agency (EEA) assessment published today, which tracks the short and long-term environmental performance of this key economic sector across the European Union.Cornelis Brand
- Video competition: Share your green actions December 1, 2017How did you get to work or school today? By car, bicycle or public transport? Every day we make decisions that can impact the environment. Some of our daily decisions are conscious efforts to live in a cleaner and healthier environment. The video competition ‘I LIVE GREEN’, organised by the European Environment Agency (EEA) and […]Antti Pekka Kaartinen